First time attending

Home Forums ESP General Discussion First time attending

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George Chappel
    Participant

Hello, my son and I plan on attending ESP2021 and this will be our first-ever star party, so we are looking forward to it.

I hope someone can help answer a question with regards to power. I saw on the Orientation page that “Observa-tents are not permitted on the observing field, but can be placed nearby.” I would like to bring a 6×10 Skybox to help shelter my setup, is there anywhere on the lower field I will be able set it up and still have access to power?

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

This year since we have fewer people, you can set up on the eastern edge of observing field by the roadway. See map at
    https://eldoradostarparty.org/espsite.gif

Roy Hall
    Participant

This will be first ever star party. I will be arriving Friday night to dry camp in an RV, can you provide more detail one where the RV can be parked for my two nights.

Additionally, I see some mention of electricity provided. Can you provide more detail on where the access points are, and how many access points will be available? I can run my entire rig with access just just one 110v outlet.

Thank you

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

Dry-camping RV is usually located just north of the pipeline.
    See the map at:
    https://eldoradostarparty.org/espsite.gif

There is no power provided for dry-camping RV.
    Power is available for telescopes/equipment on the observing field.

You can reserve (and pay for) an RV site that has power with X-Bar Ranch.

Accomodations

I think there are still some RV-sites available.

Roy Hall
    Participant

Sorry, I should I have been more specific. I think I’m good on the RV dry camping situation. I’m looking to understand where the access points are for the electricity for observing.

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.